Google to venture into start-ups
Google is searching for “the next big thing” in technology as it announces its latest effort, Google Ventures.
Its new venture capitalist arm pledged to help find and develop “exceptional start-ups”, offering early stage investments to a range of new firms.Areas it will look at include consumer internet, software, clean tech, bio tech and healthcare. But it will also include “areas we haven’t thought of yet,” the partners of the new venture said.
pburgess says: Good news in a time of recession.
Related articles by Zemanta
- Google to Start Searching for Start-Up’s (netnewsdaily.com)
- Google is now a VC (inquisitr.com)
- Google’s Venture Capital Fund (blogoscoped.com)
- Google Ventures Launches with “We May Steal Your Idea” Caveat (marketingpilgrim.com)
- Google Ventures To Invest in Start-Ups (appscout.com)
- Google’s newest venture (googleblog.blogspot.com)
- Google officially announces a brand new VC fund: Google Ventures (thenextweb.com)
- Google to Announce Venture Fund (nytimes.com)
- Google’s New Fund Should Advance Its Goals, If It Has Them (gigaom.com)